Welcome to The Makeup Piggy blog! This is where I write about anything makeup-related in my life, whether it is stuff I bought, inspirations I found or step-by-step tutorials I created. I also have reviews of circle lenses and makeup products. If you like what you read here, please drop me a message or follow my blog!

If you have questions regarding my tutorials, check out my FormSpring page to see if I have answered it already. For specific questions and business enquiries, contact me at
makeup.piggy AT gmail.com

Friday, July 3, 2009

Entry #2 for Illamasqua's "Myths and Legends" Contest - Succubus

I was pleasantly surprised when Mizz Worthy made her second inspiration post for her "Myths and Legends" contest a few days after I finished my second entry, because she posted the exact same thing as what I based my look on: a succubus! Mizz Worthy's post actually focused on Lilith, but it is quite a spooky coincidence don't you think?

Here is what Wikipedia has to say about succubi:
In folklore, a succubus (plural succubi) is a demon who takes the form of a highly attractive woman to seduce men (although the attractive part is a modern invention, historically succubi are ugly), in dreams to have sexual intercourse, according to the medieval European legend. Its male counterpart is the incubus. They draw energy from the men to sustain themselves, often until the point of exhaustion or death of the victim.
I didn't base my makeup design on any specific image, I just wanted something dramatic and dark to contrast with my Ningyou entry (which you can see in my last post), but here is a picture of a succubus anyway. It is so freaking hard to find a good-looking succubus pic that is work save! o_O

I used the following products for this look:
- Revlon colorstay foundation in 02
- Chacott loose powder in 754
- Pritt gluestick for slicking down my eyebrows
- Black and shimmery white eyeshadow
- Loose black-green, metallic green and metallic red pigments
- Black and white holographic glitter (that barely shows up in the pics -____-)
- Red and black liner pencils
- Black and silver liquid eyeliner
- False eyelashes: one full pair, one extra-thick half-length pairs on the outer half of my eyes
- MAC Shape and Sculpt powder in Accentuate/Sculpt for highlightt and contour
- Clear lipgloss on lips and also for applying glitter

I applied the metallic green pigment all over my lids up to under my real brows in a half-circle, and shaded these with the black-green. I then did the black "wings" over and above my real brows and up to my temples. The black looks kind of green in the photos, but it looks normal in person.

Black glitter is applied along the fake crease created with the black eyeshadow to make it darker; it is much more sparkly in person but doesn't show up in photos. I applied liquid eyeliner ending in points at both corners of my eyes, leaving the middle of my lower lashline blank; that part is lined with white glitter.

I then drew the black-and-red "horn" under my eye with the eyeliner pencils, and the silver "fang" with silver liquid eyeliner. The eyebrows are also drawn on with black liquid eyeliner, and the "browbone" is highlighted with shimmery white eyeshadow.

I filled in my lips with the black and red eyeliner, blending them together a bit, then went over the black with lip gloss mixed with black glitter and eyeshadow, and the red part with lip gloss mixed with metallic red pigment. Finally, I highlighted and shaded my nose, and contoured my cheeks with the Sculpt and Shape compact.

There is minimum photoshop on my face for the above pics, I just masked out the shower-curtain background and replaced it with the red. Here are some non-shopped pics to show you the makeup in normal light anyway.

You can see my false eyelashes here, as well as my red contacts. I took off the pointy elf ear prosthetics that I wore for the above pics too.

I need non-lame shower curtains! XD


Here is a closeup of the eye makeup. You can sort of see the glitters (and my real eyebrows XD) here.



Finally, here is the face chart:

I am considering doing a third entry soon, but my body is giving me signals for the onset of THE FLU, so the third look might get dropped. Anyway hope you like my Succubus! >:)

9 comments:

Camille Santos said...

i cant imagine how good u are at this.i am awed by the 2 myths and legends entry!!

JennXOXO said...

Amazing!!

eki said...

another WOW!! your eyes looks HUGE!! GREAT JOB!

mizzworthy said...

Another fab entry! Thanks so much! Hope you don't get the flu! xxx

Anonymous said...

GOSh you are so talented ... Hope you win :)

♥ Nehs ♥ said...

how great u are! i love your number 1 entry too!so amazed!!! you rock!

Unknown said...

this is amazing! I had to look at it for awhile and man you can tell u put a lot of effort into it. i love every details of it. i hope you win!

noone said...

wow lovely entry, you are so talented!

Desdemona said...

Pritt gluestick? Nice, I'll have to remember that one :P I must say this one is my favourite of your 3 contest looks.

Post a Comment

♦♦♦