Welcome to The Makeup Piggy blog! This is where I write about anything makeup-related in my life, whether it is stuff I bought, inspirations I found or step-by-step tutorials I created. I also have reviews of circle lenses and makeup products. If you like what you read here, please drop me a message or follow my blog!

If you have questions regarding my tutorials, check out my FormSpring page to see if I have answered it already. For specific questions and business enquiries, contact me at
makeup.piggy AT gmail.com

Monday, May 18, 2009

Brown and Black Eyeshadow Tutorial

This tutorial will show you how to do this versatile brown-based eyeshadow look, using three colors. You can pair it with a bright lip like I did above for a glamorous look, or use a softer lip color like nude (see below for an example) or pink for daytime wear.

You will need:
- Matte black eyeshadow
- Shimmery brown eyeshadow
- A highlight eyeshadow in off-white or beige
- Black eyeliner pencil
- Mascara
- Brow color

Tools:
- Two small-ish eyeshadow brush
- One larger brush for applying the highlight
- One blending brush

Apply the matte black eyeshadow to the outer half of your eyelids, stopping a bit outside the outer corner of your eye.

Bring the black shadow down along your lower lashline, to the middle of your eye.

Apply the shimmery brown eyeshadow to the inner half of your eyelid, and blend the two colors together at the middle.

Put brown eyeshadow along the hollow of your socket, above both the brown and black eyeshadow that you just applied.

Using the blending brush, soften and blend out the brown overarching shadow that you just applied. This will prevent you from looking like a panda :D

Line your upper lashline with black eyeliner; if you like, you can also line your top waterline.

Apply the highlight eyeshadow to the inner corner of your eyes, and also blend it lightly along the bottom of your eyes and on your browbone as highlight. Curl your lashes and apply mascara.

Define your brows if needed, and you're done! It's very easy, isn't it?

Here I am wearing MAC Blankety lipstick, which tones down the makeup so it is suitable for everyday wear.

Compare this two pics and you can see how a bright lipstick can turn the look from day to night. Hope you like this tutorial! :)

1 comment:

Airbrush Makeup said...

WOW, nice styles, Have you used airbrush makeup for this.

Post a Comment

♦♦♦