Welcome to The Makeup Piggy blog! This is where I write about anything makeup-related in my life, whether it is stuff I bought, inspirations I found or step-by-step tutorials I created. I also have reviews of circle lenses and makeup products. If you like what you read here, please drop me a message or follow my blog!

If you have questions regarding my tutorials, check out my FormSpring page to see if I have answered it already. For specific questions and business enquiries, contact me at
makeup.piggy AT gmail.com

Monday, February 22, 2010

Video Tutorial - Japanese Gyaru Makeup!


Here is my latest makeup video tutorial, this time of the ever-popular Japanese Gyaru look! The young ladies that follow this popular fashion trend are well known for their amazing makeup, with carefully applied eyeliner, gorgeous false lashes and awe-inspiring contouring skills. I am so amazed by how much time and effort these girls spend to look so gorgeous every day!

I used mostly browns and beige colors for this look because it is more lashes-focused. The eyeshadow is used to make your eyes look deeper, and I think too much color would overwhelm the face.

Anyway on with the video!


I had to extensively edit my video this time to get it under 10 minutes while being understandable, as there was over 10 gigs of video for me to go through! The music is from a J-Trance album, which is a popular music style among Gyarus.

Here's a closeup of my face showing the whole makeup without the wig:

And here is a GIF showing the progress of each step. Pay attention to how my lashes seems to "grow" from my eyes! XD

Photobucket

Finally, here is a pic of the false eyelashes I used, they are cut-and-pasted together from 5 pairs (2 top, 3 bottom)!

My review for the circle lenses I wore in this look can be found here: http://makeup-piggy.blogspot.com/2010/02/circle-lens-review-eos-g202-or-candy.html

To end this post, have a few more camwhoring pics for good measure:





20 comments:

Yumiko said...

omg that was an awesome tutorial so cute. and you look lovely, how long does it actually take

Sanni Bella said...

cuute *o*

ectini said...

Gooorgeous and thanks for the tutorial! Those lashes are crazy awesome! ^^

. said...

I love it!! Thanks~ =D You look like you might have stepped right out of S Cawaii xD

OSG said...

Love it!

LizLisa said...

Really gorgeous, love your eyes <3

Hollywood said...

I love Love that look and the lashes lol what a great idea to cut and paste them all together it's just BEAUTIFUL !
<3

Unknown said...

I love it!! You have amazing makeup skills xx

Nymphette said...

Very pretty lashes!!!

MiuMiu said...

I love this tutorial! Your skills are amazing

chung said...

You look suuuuper cute in this style ♥! Love it so much ^^

MiuMiu said...

Oh, I also wanted to ask where you got that wig, it's just tooooo cute

CHAIGYARU said...

wow! so much effort, but its gorgeous!! =)

Trina Mui said...

amazing tutorial and omg you're gorgeous !!! could you also make a tutorial of how you made those lashes? and link(s) to where you bought them please ^^ thank you !!!

Kanako_ageha said...

loooove the video♥
you are looking sooo great!

Humpty Dumpty said...

love the look :)

thanks for sharing!

Mickey said...

Love the make up the hair.You look like one of the Popteen models with this make.

Anita said...

love the lashes! and damn you for making me buy circle lenses!! I want them all.

Anonymous said...

Cute blog! :)
I really like it!
Please visit me!
Thank U! :)
Have a nice day!

Lili said...

oh my god i love this tutorial, sooo cute *w*

Post a Comment

♦♦♦