Welcome to The Makeup Piggy blog! This is where I write about anything makeup-related in my life, whether it is stuff I bought, inspirations I found or step-by-step tutorials I created. I also have reviews of circle lenses and makeup products. If you like what you read here, please drop me a message or follow my blog!

If you have questions regarding my tutorials, check out my FormSpring page to see if I have answered it already. For specific questions and business enquiries, contact me at
makeup.piggy AT gmail.com

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Circle Lens Review - Neo Cosmos Dali Extra II Violet


Today I am reviewing Dali Extra II violet circle lenses by Neo Cosmos. This is the second generation of the popular Dali Extra series (of which I own two colors), with a slight change in design.

The Dali Extra II has a black solid outer ring, with black squiggles pointing inwards, surrounding a pixelated colored part. The color is noticeable but not too bright, and blends with my real eye color quite well. 

Natural light (next to window)
 Indoor light
 Flash

The lens bottle noted that the lenses are 14.2mm in size, but I think their enlargement effect is closer to 14.5mm.

Natural light
 Indoor light
 Flash

I prefer my colored circle lenses to be stronger in color, so I compared the Extra II to my Barbie Big Size Circle Violet, which are very bright in color. Their sizes are comparable but the Extra II are darker.

Natural light
 Indoor light
 Flash

Next I compared the Extra II to their first-generation counterpart in grey, and the biggest difference is the outer ring color: the first-generation lenses have a dark brown outer ring, and looks more natural on Asian eyes which tends to be dark brown as well.

Natural light
 Indoor light
 Flash

Here are all the lenses worn in this review. Clockwise from the top: Extra II violet right side up, Barbie Big Size Circle violet, Extra II violet upside down, Extra grey.


FINAL VERDICT:
Design: 8/10 - To be honest I prefer the old design, the dark brown outer ring is more unique and natural.
Enlargement: 9/10 - Enlargement is noticeable.
Comfort: 9/10 - Neo lenses are often quite thin and comfortable.
TOTAL: 8.5/10 - They are pretty nice lenses even though the color is not as bright as I like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

♦♦♦