Welcome to The Makeup Piggy blog! This is where I write about anything makeup-related in my life, whether it is stuff I bought, inspirations I found or step-by-step tutorials I created. I also have reviews of circle lenses and makeup products. If you like what you read here, please drop me a message or follow my blog!

If you have questions regarding my tutorials, check out my FormSpring page to see if I have answered it already. For specific questions and business enquiries, contact me at
makeup.piggy AT gmail.com

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Circle Lens Review - EOS Max Pure Brown

After purchasing my EOS Max Pure Grey and finding out how awesome they are (read my review), I decided to get the Brown ones as well. These lenses indeed do not disappoint, and I am very happy with them :)

Here is the ad for the lenses:
Here are the lenses in their case:

Indoor Light

Sunlight

The Max Pure Browns have a distinctive cogwheel-like caramel brown coloring surrounded by a dark brown outer ring. The distribution of the pixels are very unique, and I think that is why these lenses (both Grey and Brown) give the dreamy Leah Dizon look.

Get ready for a crapton of closeups of my eyes, because good grief I took a lot of photos!

First up here is me wearing the pair of lenses on both eyes, standing next to a sunny window. I love how watery my eyes look with these on.

I tried opening my eyes to their widest but the lenses still touches the edges of my eyes. Oh boy these lenses are BIG.

Here is a photo taken in bathroom light. The focus and white balance is kind of crap, but you can still tell the slightly dreamy coloring of the lenses.

I also took a flash picture in the bathroom. You can kind of see the cogwheel pattern here.

And finally, risking blindness, I took a pic in direct sunlight. It is impossible to open my eyes normally though. :p

I then took off one of the lenses to do some comparison shots. Here is one taken next to the window:
This one is taken in the bathroom:

And here is another direct sunlight photo:
As I said before, these lenses are huge, and only wearing one make me look like the "o_O" emoticon. You can also see how natural the color is compared to my real eye color.

Speaking of natural, I put on one Hyper Size Platimum Brown lens, which is my "natural" lens, for more comparison shots. Here is one taken next to the window again:

In the bathroom:

And with flash:

Compared to the Max Pure Brown, the eye with the Platinum Brown look kind of flat and dead. The Max Pure Brown lens is also slightly bigger than the Platinum Brown.

I then put on a Max Pure Grey lens to see how they would look side-by-side. Window shot again:

Bathroom light:

And flash:

The Greys have a thicker outer limbal ring, and the color difference between the ring and the inner part is larger, but these two lenses have similar pixel distribution and sizes.

Finally, here are a few extremem closeups for you:

Window light

Direct Sunlight

Flash

And here's a pic showing you the halo when I look to the corners of my eye (kind of Sadako-ish, don't you think? XD) :

Here are my verdicts for the EOS Max Pure Brown circle lenses:
Design: 10/10 - These lenses are natural yet stunning in any light. I call these my Chii lenses, because they look very similar to the dreamy warm brown eyes of Chii (from the anime Chobits) when I wear them.
Enlargement: 11/10 - Any bigger and it would start to look creepy, to be honest.
Comfort: 9/10 - No significant discomfort for me; the redness in some of the pics is from lack of sleep. :p
TOTAL: 10/10 - What a lovely pair of natural-style lenses, I love them a lot and would recommend them for anyone looking for "my eyes but better" circle lenses :D

15 comments:

Phoebe Limanta said...

wow they look so pretty! i've always wanted to try circle lenses and you're tempting me to no end! :P

Unknown said...

wow, they look gorgeous on your eyes!! i was afraid to order this at first, b/c i thought it would end up looking WAY too huge & bug-like but it looks great!! just one request, though: could you possibly take a full face pic (or a blurred out one) so that we can see what it looks like from a distance? that would be sooo helpful~ thanks!!

Anonymous said...

wowww~ nice~!
I might have ot get these~!!
thanks~~~ :3

Unknown said...

Incredible review! A higher standard of lens review occurred with this review. I've never seen anyone review a lens this well. You've answered just about every possible question I might have had concerning this lens. Right amount of subjective thought to absolutely amazing pics. I'm buy this lens based on theses pics. Thanks everso.

❤ Piggy ❤ said...

red: Please refer to my 40's Vintage Inspired Makeup tutorial (http://makeup-piggy.blogspot.com/2009/11/video-tutorial-40s-pin-up-inspired.html) for mid-distance pics of the lenses :)

Unknown said...

oh, thanks so much!!! they look FABULOUS~~ and you're tutorial's very glam too! :) most def. gonna make a purchase now! loving your reviews~~!!

Anonymous said...

heyy they look amazing where did you purchase these?

❤ Piggy ❤ said...

adorag: I got them through De Moi, Pour Vous (http://demoi-pourvous.livejournal.com/) but you can find them at plenty of sellers online.

Sara Reid said...

Absolutely loving it!
It brings perfect natural looking effect. Friends who have known me before looking into me eyes today and praised : " I didn't know you own these sweet chocolate eyes" Girls, you want to get own the same compliment, go get one of these!

diätpillen

Joannie said...

omggg its soo pretty :D ! i just ordered the max pure browns too ! and the G&G bt01 black ! :D i hope to receive them soon :D hahaha the picture of you being o_O ur funnie! :p

Anonymous said...

Hm~ I've always wanted to try circle lenses, but I have blue eyes, so do you think they'd look really weird?
btw - you look adorable!

❤ Piggy ❤ said...

notesandpaper: There are plenty of grey, blue and green circle lenses, I am sure those would look stunning on blue eyes!

AngerinDoll said...

hey what's the serial number of those? I really wanna buy them!!!

❤ Piggy ❤ said...

angelina timberly: The code is G-201 :)

avacado baby said...

holy these are soooo nice. by the way, your double lid looks so purdy ekekek.
ill def get these.

thanks for the review!

Post a Comment

♦♦♦