Welcome to The Makeup Piggy blog! This is where I write about anything makeup-related in my life, whether it is stuff I bought, inspirations I found or step-by-step tutorials I created. I also have reviews of circle lenses and makeup products. If you like what you read here, please drop me a message or follow my blog!

If you have questions regarding my tutorials, check out my FormSpring page to see if I have answered it already. For specific questions and business enquiries, contact me at
makeup.piggy AT gmail.com

Sunday, July 17, 2011

My Bellatrix Lestrange cosplay makeup for HP7.2!


Hey everyone! Have you seen the newest (and last :( ) Harry Potter movie yet? I went with my friends in Boston on Opening Night, in Bellatrix cosplay no less! Unfortunately I forgot my camera, so for now I only have a phone photo post-movie. I apologize for the awful photo, I will put up more when my friend with the camera upload her pics! (And yes, that's a pic of Moaning Myrtle on the shower stall of my friend's bathroom XD)
Helena Bonham Carter didn't wear much makeup in the movie for the role of Bellatrix, but I figure I should go for a "Evil Queen that hasn't been sleeping well" look. Lots of browns and greys went into shading my eye socket and create fake "panda eyes" for this look. I wore a pair of natural-yet-thick false lashes, kept the eyebrows light and smudged on dark purple lipstick (though on retrospect maybe dark red would look better). I cornrowed my hair in six section early in the day, and undid the braids and teased the everliving hell out of it after I did the makeup. Quite a lot of people recognized me at the theatre, as I was wearing something witchy to go with the makeup and hair, and I have the bird head pendant, and the movie was excellent as well. If you haven't seen it, you definitely should!

1 comment:

▲dear elaine said...

Awesome cos makeup! I wish I saw some cool cosplays but I only saw little kids on opening night ^^

Post a Comment

♦♦♦